Manchester Academy Of Fine Arts
Manchester Academy of Fine Arts was founded on 14th November 1859. Originally affiliated to the Royal Manchester Institution on Mosley Street, the Academy continued to be based at the building, now Manchester Art Gallery, after the Institution gifted it to the city council in 1882. The last exhibition, which attracted 23,906 visitors, was held there in 1997 before the gallery was refurbished. At the present time exhibitions of members' work take place in both public and private galleries across the region. Workshops, classes and talks are held during the run of some exhibitions.