Two Websites For Members To Use:
There are two websites intended for MAFA Members use:
The Members Only site is a place where members can interact with MAFA and themselves in a locked down, secure environment. Login is required and is available for all Academy current members. Academy Groups (Members, Council, Trustees, Graduate Members) are able to share information privately within groups or with any other group of which they are members.
There is also an area for any MAFA documents on this private site for Members to access and, if you have anything of interest, you can even add your own content to the document library.
The Forum is more open and allows interaction with Friends and guests. So if you have content for public viewing this is the place to post. Although the Forum is intended for public interaction and discussions about any art related topics Members can set the privacy and it is also good for private discussion with other Members, Friends or Academy officers. Members can set up their own topics, galleries, profile updates and create and join special interest groups (called clubs in the software!). When a group has been set up the member can create topics and invite fellow members with a similar interest to join in.
Generally the web secretary will look here for interesting content to post on the main MAFA website so if you have something you want to announce on the main site send a link to your post to the firstname.lastname@example.org and it will be picked up.
Both these sites will need you to login to create new topics and join in and on both sites only public content can be viewed without this login. On the private site posts can only be shared amongst registered, logged in users.
If any member wishes to use these member sites please contact me (email@example.com) and I will forward the necessary credentials for both – you can set your own password once you are logged in.
- Site only for registered members
- Discuss and post articles for other members only
- No public access
- Private notices and messages can be shared with MAFA groups or individual registered members
- MAFA notices for members viewing are posted here
- Mafa’s online library can be accessed by registered members
- Login required to post and view content other than welcome page
- Public topics can be read by guests
- Members can set the privacy of their own topics to public, groups of or individual registered members
- Public access to public topics
- A place to interact with members and the public
- MAFA’s public notices are posted here
- Tell the public about your work, where to find your work, your website, social sites etc
- Showcase your work in your own galleries and tell the public how to purchase
- Share hints and tips, sources for materials, news items etc