The next MAFA membership elections will take place at Manchester School Of Art in the spring of 2018 at a date to be fixed.
As soon as MAFA have a fixed date the details will be posted here with a link to enable the download of the 2018 Application Form and full application details. In the meantime these are extracts from the 2017 Application Form for the information of all artists who wish to be considered for membership of MAFA.
Full MAFA Membership Application Details (2017):
Manchester Academy of Fine Arts Application Form for Election
• The membership application fee is £15 (non-refundable) and must be paid by cheque made out to Manchester Academy Of The Fine Arts. This should be submitted to the Membership Secretary along with the application form.
• In addition to their proficiency as an artist applicants should identify any other skills or attributes they have that they think will benefit the ongoing promotion and administration of the Academy.
• In conjunction with the above, a jpeg image of each painting you propose to submit must be forwarded to the Membership Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org a minimum of one week before the election day.
• Applicants must submit not less than four and not more than six well presented examples of their current work to Chatham Building, Manchester School of Art, between 10.00hrs and 11.00hrs on Saturday 25th March 2017.
• All work submitted must be collected on the same day at the end of the selection process. A time for collection will be advised depending on the size of the entry.
• For submission of large heavy work please contact the Membership Secretary by email at email@example.com
• If you are elected to membership you will be asked for your first annual subscription, which is currently £60 p.a., and to set up a Standing Order for subsequent years.
• The decision of the M.A.F.A. Election Committee is final. M.A.F.A. will not enter into any correspondence in relation to non-election.